NEXT LUNCH: To be announced soon …
How to host Editors’ lunches
We are calling on our members to become part of the editors’ lunches brigade. This is a simple way to be involved in presenting networking lunches to members in various areas and we hope you will take up the call.
The committee has calculated that if we have five or six members who will each agree to ‘host’ one lunch a year, this popular event will continue its success through 2018 and beyond.
The process is:
1. Offer to be a once-a-year lunch coordinator and attend your lunch as ‘host’
2. Pick a month that you know you free to help and check it is free on the calendar by contacting SusiePilkington on email@example.com
3. Pick a restaurant in your area (or elsewhere) that has reasonably priced fare and book a table for 10 people sometime in the third week of the month.
4. Send details of restaurant and a link to website/menu to Susie on firstname.lastname@example.org and she will send out the invitation and take ‘bookings’.
5. A few days before the event, Susie will send you final numbers for you to confirm with the venue. We all turn up and have a wonderful time. Job done.
This system, we hope, will open up new locations for our lunches and involves little work to create successful events that will accessible to as many members as possible who are free during the day.
If you are willing to be a once-a-year lunch host, please let Susie Pilkington know.